Roundup of reactions:
- Pejman Yousefzadeh: “We are bereft a friend, a teacher and a mighty ally.”
- Snarksmith: “Friedman was a champion of liberty and reason who transcended his discipline.”
- Mises Economics Blog: “a leading figure in the fight for limited government and personal freedom”
- Angry Bear: “…one of the great ones.”
- Larry Kudlow: “one of those few people about whom it can be said that he truly left the world a better place.”
- Spare Change: “His ideas about a free market economy changed the world.”
- Marketbeat Blog has a roundup of economists’ reactions.
- Asymetrical Information: “as successful inside the academy as outside it.”
- Smart Internet Marketing: “articulate, compelling, gracious, and very funny.”
- Winterspeak: “the Yoda of Economics”
- Joe’s Dartblog: “May he rest in peace.”
- Instapundit links to a number of interviews and profiles.
- Virginia Postrel: “One of my heros.”
- Vox Baby: “Without question the leading conservative economist of the 20th century.”
- Economist’s View: “with all his fame and all the demands on his time, [he] showed he still had time to help a young assistant professor”
- Brad DeLong: “We will miss him,” plus a timeline of Friedman’s life
Thanks to commenter PGL for links to Vox Baby, Economist’s View, and Brad DeLong.